What Do Your Favorite Colors Say About You?
What do your favorite colors say about you? Surrounding yourself in your favorite colors brings out your true self…age doesn’t matter.
In “Color Therapy” by Madisyn Taylor” on the Daily Om, she writes that often the colors we like best are the colors we need most in our lives.
As you already know, the colors in the clothing you wear and in your surroundings influence how you feel. Bright colors cheer you up. Blues are calming. Grays can be comforting or gloomy, sobering at the least. Light colors lift your spirits.
Whites are purifying and clearing, and can be quite healing. Walking down the city street one night on my way to my car, I was wearing a flowing white and gold outfit. A young woman passing me was startled. Then she laughed and concluded, “Well, you’re just an angel!”
Wearing red can make you feel confident and powerful. That affects how you act, as all colors do in their own way.
When you know what the healing effects of colors are, you can incorporate them into your wardrobe and your outfit of the day to get yourself into the mood you want.
According to Bernardo Tirado at Psychology Today, the colors you choose have the following basic meanings. These are basic, so it’s sort of like reading the astrological characteristics of your sun sign. 😉
- Black – People who choose black as their favorite color are often artistic and sensitive. While these people aren’t introverts, they are careful with the details of their lives and do not share easily with others…Wear black to communicate an authoritative image or protect emotions. Since too much black can overwhelm some, don’t wear it when you want to establish rapport.
- White – People who like white are often organized and logical and don’t have a great deal of clutter in their lives…Wear white to feel peaceful, convey a well-balanced, optimistic personality. White is most effective as part of an ensemble. Too much can project coldness, isolation.
- Red – Those who love red live life to the fullest and are tenacious and determined in their endeavors.
- Blue – If blue is your favorite color you love harmony, are reliable, sensitive and always make an effort to think of others. You like to keep things clean and tidy and feel that stability is the most important aspect in life.
- Green – Those who love the color green are often affectionate, loyal and frank. Green lovers are also aware of what others think of them and consider their reputation very important.
- Yellow – You enjoy learning and sharing your knowledge with others. Finding happiness comes easy to you and others would compare you to sunshine.
- Purple – You are artistic and unique. You have a great respect for people but at times can be arrogant…Wear purple to project wisdom, trust, release destructive emotions. Don’t wear it when you want to evade societal regulations.
- Brown – You are a good friend and try your hardest to be reliable and dependable. Flashy objects are not something you desire; you just want a stable life…Wear brown when you need to work hard, be a team member or organized. Avoid it when you want to expend energy, play, feel insecure.
- Grey – You are practical, timeless, cautious, successful and solid. Some shades are associated with age, depression, lack of direction. Excessive use of gray leads to feelings of being invisible, but a touch adds feelings of stability….Wear grey when you want to feel self-sufficient, isolate yourself. Avoid it when you feel lonely, stressed.
- Pink – You are loving, affectionate and serene. Wear it when you want to feel feminine, lovable, need to concentrate and listen. Avoid pink when you feel vulnerable, insecure, fragmented, are giving more than receiving.
What are your favorite colors? Do you notice your mood changing with the change of colors around you? Do you agree with the descriptions in this article? Let us know what you think in the comments box below. Also, please sign up for emails below to get future blog posts as they come out every Thursday and Saturday. Please be sure to follow YourTrueSelfBlog on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.