During the summer, there are so many fun things to do that you’ll probably have to go directly from your daytime activities to an evening out. Or maybe you make a pit stop at home and need a quick presto change-o! I’ve got plenty of outfit ideas to make that easier for you. Age doesn’t matter. These tips work for everyone!
The simplest thing to do is to add a bold statement necklace to any outfit. Or, you can add a crystal statement necklace to a little black dress, a floral dress or a simple silk blouse. And an easy piece to take you from day to evening is a black sheath dress.
Following are tricks for casual days, for work to play, and for a plethora of other situations.
From Casual Day to Evening Events:
- Add a sparkly sash to your jeans.
- Jeans + rhinestone bracelets on both wrists layered with non-rhinestone bracelets.
- A t-shirt + jeans. Add a handful of long, dramatic necklaces.
- An embroidered top + a knit maxi-skirt + chic sandals. For evening, switch to a black camisole + chunky ankle boots.
From Office to Evening Events:
- Layer an evening piece – like a sequined top – under a tailored blazer and pair it with sleek black trousers or a pencil skirt and pumps.
- Tuck a chic clutch into your everyday bag and swap when it’s time to go out.
- Trade your studs or hoops for sparkly statement earrings.
- Finish with a smoky eye.
- A pinstripe pantsuit and a lace top.
- Remove the jacket for evening.
- Throw on a dress and a blazer for work.
- At the end of the day, take off the blazer, pile on major necklaces and an armful of bracelets.
- Wear a button-down and pencil skirt for work.
- At the end of the day, trade the button-down for a draped silk tank and stiletto booties.
- Wear a black sundress and a sweater (such as a red cardigan). Add black pumps and chunky accessories.
- For evening, lose the sweater. Add a strappy heel, a bold necklace and earrings (paired with either a statement ring or bangles) and grab a clutch.
- A fun print blouse and dark denim. Add patent-leather flats and belt.
- For evening, trade the jeans for a pencil skirt, funky heels and evening bag. Add a pair of hammered gold hoop earrings.
- Start with a skirt and edit out what screams office (jackets, totes, pumps).
- Choose a cashmere sweater, charmeuse top or knit top.
- Add one great piece of jewelry — either a big necklace or monster earring.
- A linen tunic shirt as jacket + a black lace tank + black skinnies. Add heeled booties + coral earrings + coral bracelet.
- For evening, add a statement necklace. Switch the coral bracelet for a sparkly cuff, and switch the boots to sandals with a heel.
- An ivory tank top under a black blazer, a black skirt and black pumps.
- For evening, switch to blue jeans (try destroyed skinnies) and boots, sneakers or other casual footwear.
- A peplum top + a black pencil skirt. Add pumps. You may add a geometric statement necklace.
- For evening, add flashy heels and a fun, bright-colored clutch.
- A black tank top + printed pants + black heels or cut-out booties.
- For the office, add a blazer.
- A black sheath + a cardigan + day shoes.
- Carry in your tote a dressier pair of heels + an evening clutch. Add an evening wrap/topper.
- For business casual: a jacket + a camisole + dark wash boot-cut jeans. Add ballet flats + a statement necklace.
- For evening, add pumps + glam earrings + a clutch.
- For business casual: Dark-rinse boot-cut jeans + a blazer + sensible pumps. Add a structured handbag rather than a slouchy one.
- Dark-rinse boot-cut jeans + a fancy blouse + heels. Then pile on the sparkle.
Other Outfit Ideas:
- Business casual, night out, or around town: A jean jacket + a layering tee + short black pencil skirt + dressier shoes + fancy clutch – OR – substitute the tee for a knit top, tank top, or button-down shirt + low-heel pumps or dressy flats.
- Trade a cardigan for the structured blazer and ballet flats for pumps.
- A white tee tucked into something evening-ish. Add necklaces + bracelets + stud earrings.
- An embellished top over a long black skirt + black sandals. Add earrings, bracelet, hat and sunglasses if sunny.
- A black maxi-dress + black wedge sandals. Add a gold multi-chain necklace and earrings. You may like to put your hair up. Add a trench if it’s rainy, sunglasses if sunny.
- Red trousers + a red or red-toned top. Add neutral heels.
- A short-sleeve black lace top + white jeans. Add a big gold watch.
- A black maxi-dress + ivory blazer. Push back sleeves. Add a black evening purse + gold bracelets.
- An ivory shirt over skinny black jeans + a tuxedo jacket. For evening, add black high heels + a sparkly clutch.
- A pinstripe suit + a lace top. Add a strand of pearls.
- A leopard top or a bright-color or patterned t-shirt or a tunic tee + a sleeveless blazer + skinny jeans. Add a statement necklace.
- A white jacket over a printed dress.
- A white lace top + a white suit. Add white shoes.
- A white suit + white tank. For evening, add festive earrings + a bright belt _ gold evening sandals.
- A sweater or blouse + pants. For evening, add gold sandals + gold cuffs.
- Pair a nice quality t-shirt with a short skirt, layered necklace and a tuxedo jacket. Add heels.
- A white jacket + black pants + black embellished tank. Add big, beautiful hoops.
- A red dress + a red statement necklace.
- A red sheath dress + a chunky chain necklace and earring set. You may add gold heeled sandals for the whole day.
- A white blazer + a white burnout tank over red pants. Add a statement necklace + gold shoes.
- Ivory mesh tank + black slim trousers + ivory blazer. Add black heels.
- A tuxedo jacket + a top and pants that match. Add gold jewelry.
- An ivory t-shirt + ivory chinos + a tuxedo jacket. Add nude flats + gold bangles.
- A tuxedo jacket + boot-cut trousers + silky shell top.
- A graphic t-shirt + a sleeveless vest or blazer + skinny jeans. Add a statement necklace.
- A white suit + a red or coral lace camisole.
- An animal-print tunic + white leggings. Add gold hoops and a dinner ring.
- A black peplum top + a black maxi-skirt + black strappy sandals.