Turtlenecks are a Winter staple because they are so warm, of course! They add coverage too, so age doesn’t matter.
A turtleneck is a layering piece that can go under just about anything.
A black turtleneck is a basic that makes anything look urban chic.
Wear turtlenecks like you would statement necklaces. A bright turtleneck will bring a dose of color to a neutral outfit.
How to Accessorize a Turtleneck Sweater
You can make your outfit more interesting with accessories like necklaces, bracelets, earrings, scarves and belts. Go for layered necklaces, multiple bangles and/or a colorful scarf.
- Wear your favorite necklace, such as: long pendant necklaces, colorful beaded necklaces, pearls, layered necklaces.
- Add a long, metal necklace over a turtleneck for work.
- Add long bead necklaces to a turtleneck tunic + leggings.
- Wear a gorgeous silk scarf: let it hang loose with ends in front.
- Put your hair up and show off a pair of beautiful earrings, such as: large pearl or diamond/cubic zirconia stud earrings, fashion hoop earrings, long chandelier or drop earrings.
- If you want to draw attention to your hands and lower body, add an interesting bracelet, such as: pearls, chains, crystals, bangles and beaded bracelets.
Ways to Wear It
- Wear a turtleneck with a suit.
- A turtleneck under a jacket.
- Any top under a sleeveless turtleneck.
- A turtleneck under a slip dress or sleeveless dress.
- A turtleneck under a vest.
- A thin turtleneck under a t-shirt.
- Wear a turtleneck under a sweater.
- A turtleneck under a sweater vest.
- A turtleneck under or over a shirt.
- Wear a turtleneck with a (faux) leather jacket.
- A turtleneck under a cardigan.
- A chunky turtleneck over a thin turtleneck.
- A turtleneck under a poncho, cape, ruana or kimono.
- A turtleneck poncho over a thermal top.
What’s your favorite turtleneck, and how do you like to style it? Was this post helpful to you? Let us know in the comments below!
Follow Your True Self Blog on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Bloglovin.
FREE NEWSLETTER: To get new blog posts in your email, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Subscribe” in the subject field. (To unsubscribe, enter “Unsubscribe” in the subject field.)