When you go out on Valentine’s Day and other Fall/Winter dates, you might want to look sexy, romantic, edgy, casual or creatively unique. I have lots of outfit ideas for you! Age doesn’t matter. What matters is that you express your true self. If you would like some inspiration, read on and create your perfect outfit combination!
For a romantic look, try a touch of lace in a top and/or a scarf. Add pearls: multiple strands, earrings, rings, even a headband or hair ornament or circlet. (Let us know if you dare!)
- A sheer ivory blouse + a mixed leather and knit cardigan + black leather pants, or moto leggings, or black textured leggings (such as snakeskin.) Add black flats, such as oxfords. You may add pearl stud earrings, a gold openwork cuff, a red cross-body bag.
- A sheer ivory blouse + a nude camisole + black pants.
- A sheer ivory blouse + a black slip dress.
- A black crochet sweater over an ivory lacy bra + ivory trousers.
- A fitted cashmere sweater + a midi-skirt + heels. With a midi-skirt, put hair up or straight down and add a clutch. Leave makeup natural, but focus on brows and bold eyeliner.
- A slip dress + matching leggings.
- A sexy slim dress + a blazer + boots.
- A fitted cashmere sweater in a neutral color, such as beige + red pants + a leopard print scarf.
- A lacy tunic + a black camisole + a short black chiffon skirt.
If you have something red or pink, it’s a classic go-to item for Valentine’s day and other romantic rendezvous. It’s also a simple way to give a casual outfit a romantic air.
- A red cashmere sweater (as in the classic “sweater girl”) + chinos belted in brown. Layer about five necklaces, such as: a short string of turquoise beads, a short necklace on a black cord, a charms necklace, another short string of colored beads (match a color of one of the charms), a short delicate beaded chain, a long metal statement necklace.
- A semi-opaque ivory peasant top + a nude shaper camisole + blue jeans.
- A pretty top + a short jean skirt + heels.
- A lady-like cardigan + a white tee + blue jeans. Add a pretty gold necklace + a pretty purse + flats.
- An ivory deep-v sweater + an ivory lace bra + blue jeans.
- A mini-skirt + an oversize sweater. Add tights or over-the-knee boots.
- A silky dress + a jean jacket.
- A graphic t-shirt + gauchos or culottes + heels.
- A pencil skirt + a t-shirt + fun kicks + minimal accessories.
- A moto jacket + a lace turtleneck + black pants. Add studded or edgy jewelry + black heels.
- A little velvet dress + a moto jacket. Add tall black boots + over-the-knee socks.
- Black jeans + a black t-shirt + a black moto jacket.
- A little black dress + a moto jacket.
- A lace or ruffled blouse + slouchy trousers. Add sparkly drop earrings or sexy shoes. Skip blush for a natural complexion with a bold lip.
- A basic, not too loose t-shirt inside a trumpet skirt. Add high heels.
- A sweater + a midi-skirt.
- A little black dress + a bomber jacket.
- A satin robe as kimono over a velvet slip dress.
- Add a jean jacket, moto jacket or bomber jacket over a body-con dress.
- A silky blouse + gray jeans + heels.
- A longer-length heather purple hoodie over light berry-color skinnies + heels. Add a leopard-print faux fur jacket.
- And for a bedroom look outside the bedroom, try two kimonos at once:
Where are you going and how will you dress up this Valentine’s Day? Were any of these ideas helpful to you? If so, let us know how you styled your outfit in the comments below!
You might also want to read my series on evening outfits:
- “How to Use Embellishment in Evening Outfits“
- “What to Wear Out to the Restaurant“
- “How to Look Sensational for Special Evenings“
- “Secrets of How to Look Special on Easy Evenings“
- “How to Dress Up Your Little Black Dress“
- “How to Wear Velvet Now for All Your Special Occasions“
Follow Your True Self Blog on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Bloglovin.
FREE NEWSLETTER: To get new blog posts in your email, send your request to email@example.com with “Subscribe” in the subject field. (To unsubscribe, enter “Unsubscribe” in the subject field.)