I found this easy, natural way to clean jewelry by FP Brigette and would like to share it with you because it works so well. My husband even filled a tray with crusty old coins and they got clean in ten minutes this way! This solution just bubbles away all tinges of tarnish, etc. (Just like Scrubbing Bubbles cleans the bathroom. Lol!) Whatever methods you’ve used in the past, age doesn’t matter. This is a great new way to make a seemingly impossible job so quick and easy.
You can make a paste of baking soda and water and just buff your jewelry with it in a pinch. But the following method does a better job with less elbow grease, on intricate jewelry, and you can throw multiple pieces into the pan at once!
1 cup boiling water
½ cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon baking soda
1. Line your pan with foil, shiny side up. Lay your jewelry in the pan, making sure all parts are in contact with the foil.
2. Mix water, salt, and baking soda together, and slowly pour into the pan.
3. Slowly add the vinegar into the pan. You will see lots of bubbles form as the mixture does its work!
4. Let everything sit for 5-10 minutes, using a spoon, if necessary, to reposition the jewelry and to stir the mixture.
5. Rinse your jewelry with cold water, and then dry. Easy peasy!
Let us know how you like this DIY cleaner in the comments section below!
Follow Your True Self Blog on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
FREE NEWSLETTER: To get new blog posts in your email, send your request to email@example.com with “Subscribe” in the subject field. (To unsubscribe, enter “Unsubscribe” on the subject line.)