Fall is here! Early Fall is still tinged with Summer, so let’s enjoy the beginning of the beautiful Autumn season. While we’re in between hot and cold, we want to stay comfortable. And that means finding ways to wear clothes that look like Fall but feel like Summer, or to wear Summer clothes that feel warmer. Following are some ways we can all dress between the seasons and look good doing it. Age doesn’t matter!
- Even if the weather is still hot, you can wear your light and cool summer clothes in fall hues, such as: orange, red, rust, mustard yellow, and earth-tones like chocolate brown, and burgundy.
- Add layers to your summer outfits. The magical number of three layers creates the perfect look. If it’s still warm out, use light, floaty layers; or leave something bare, like legs or arms.
- Add tights to summer dresses.
- Between seasons, a scarf will update and warm up any outfit: A light scarf for temperate days, a warm scarf for chilly days.
- Summer maxi dresses are still usable: layer with a tank, t-shirt, sweater, leather or suede jacket.
- Sundresses are still usable with warm layers, a blazer, or a cover-up.
- Add a jean jacket to a summer dress
- Add a jean jacket to a summer maxi-skirt and tee.
- Add a long-sleeve lace top under a dress.
- Shorts are still usable with tights. You may want to add a long-sleeve top, a 3/4 length coat, etc.
- Layer your favorite summer tops under a cardigan or vest. May add jeans.
- A summer top, tunic or sundress over pants (even corduroy or leather). May add a long vest.
- A long vest over a summer outfit.
- A t-shirt over a thin hoodie.
- A short skirt with boots, such as Uggs.
- A blazer in place of a jacket, with a sweater or hoodie underneath.
- A sleeveless or short-sleeve sweater or mock-neck, or other partially-exposed sweaters worn alone or layered with other knits.
- You can still wear sandals with a warm outfit. If it’s cool, you can wear socks with sandals, even if they are heels.
- A little black dress + a jean jacket + boots. You may want to roll up the sleeves, add a cuff and a necklace.
- A short-sleeve t-shirt over a pencil skirt + a jean jacket. You may want to add tall, flat boots.
- A cozy cardigan + a henley or a top with pretty cuffs + skinny corduroy pants. Add a pendant + rings.
- A tank top + blue jeans + a kimono.
- A long-sleeve ivory t-shirt tucked into an earth-toned maxi-skirt (such as taupe) + a colorful infinity scarf. Add an earth-toned cuff bracelet + snakeskin sandals (or other neutral leather sandals).
- A gray leopard shirt (or solid gray or solid black) + white jeans. Add black jewelry.
- A white shirt +skinny blue jeans. Add crystal stud earrings + a printed scarf.
- A long-sleeve white t-shirt over black culottes. Ade big colorful earrings + multi-color bangles + flat black sandals.
- A short-sleeve knit shirt over a long white or beige skirt. A drawstring skirt is good here. Sling a big belt over it + mixed metal bangles.
- Start with a maxi-skirt or culottes + one of your dressy tops. Add a thermal, tall boots, leather jacket, and a scarf for chilly weather.
- Start with any style of bottoms + a tank top + ankle boots. Add a hat, lightweight cardigan + jacket.
- A silky button-down + white jeans. Add bright sandals or wedges.
- A short dress or skirt + over-the-knee boots + a slouchy cardigan or jacket.
- A little black dress + over-the-knee boots. Add pendants + bangles.
- A print dress + bomber jacket. May add pumps.
- A long-sleeve plaid shirt + jeans + motorcycle jacket. Add flat ankle boots.
- A short-sleeve black sweater + a brown midi-skirt or maxi-skirt. Add leopard slip-ons.
- A short-sleeve turtleneck + a short suede skirt.
- A camisole over gray trousers. May add peep-toe booties.
- A feminine top + cargo pants. Add a lightweight scarf looped around your neck.
- Skinny jeans + an oversized sweater. Add ankle boots.
- A cardigan over a plaid shirt + skinny jeans + ankle boots.
- Skinny jeans + an oversize sweater + ankle boots.
- A cardigan over a plaid shirt + skinny jeans. Add ankle boots.
I hope this was helpful. Let me know in the comments section!
Like this post? You might also want to read…
Follow Your True Self Blog on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
FREE NEWSLETTER: To get new blog posts by email, send your request to email@example.com with “Subscribe” on the subject line. (To unsubscribe, enter “Unsubscribe” in the subject field.)